More than 36% think the internet is not safe
Hackers, phishing, identity theft, security leaks, privacy issues and more – there are a lot of reasons to feel unsafe online, especially when it comes to your own personal data. Issues like the recent Facebook and Google+ disasters help reinforce the situation.
Interestingly the majority of people still feel safe: 64% say so according to a survey, even if it’s only “rather safe”. That leaves 36% who feel their personal data is at jeopardy online. Considering how many people spend a lot of their time on the net that’s still quite a lot.
This article is also available in: German